MHS is currently seeking Junior Varsity Baseball Coaches. Qualified applicants should exhibit a commitment to high achievement and support for all students in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. This is a one year ancillary position and the season runs March to June with practices and games primarily Monday through Friday from 3p-6p. Off season work is flexible and necessary for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s license required.
- Has at least 1 year of successful coaching experience or experience playing at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current coaching techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Must have the ability to teach beginner skills while also developing various skill level athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire diverse youth. Experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in providing safe, structured skill development practice and playing experiences, while also developing high character student athletes.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
- Candidates should demonstrate a high degree of integrity, as all MHS staff are role models for MHS students.