Start Date: May 18, 2020
End Date: August 31, 2020
End Date: August 31, 2020
- 40+ hours
- This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Carter Hicks, Director, National Team Program
Position Background: The 18U National Team represents the United States in international competition at the high school level. The 16U and 17U National Team Development Programs are week-long development camps that help prepare players to compete for future 18U National Teams.
- Communicate with National Team Trials and National Team Development participants and their families on all aspects of the events including travel, equipment, and participant forms.
- Book, coordinate and communicate travel for the players, coaches and staff.
- Assist in all operational and administrative needs for 18U National Team Trials and Training.
- Attend the USA Baseball 18U National Team Trials and Training to provide on-site operational support.
- Perform a wide range of operational duties associated with other USA Baseball events including the Prospect Development Pipeline League (PDPL) and the National Team Identification Series (NTIS).
- Assist in the operation of additional USA Baseball events, National Team programming and other departments within USA Baseball (alumni relations, merchandising, travel services, etc.) with various tasks as necessary.
- Weekend availability for all USA Baseball events taking place at the National Training Complex in Cary, NC.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- All candidates must possess excellent written communication, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates should indicate in their cover letter or resume if they have written and/or verbal proficiency in a foreign language.
- For up-to-date information on USA Baseball, all candidates are encouraged to follow @usabaseball on Twitter and Instagram and like USA Baseball on Facebook.
- All candidates should be in possession of or working toward an Associate, Bachelor or Master degree.
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women’s National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.