To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL COACHES:
- Maintain records of evaluation procedures used in selecting squad members.
- Enforce all rules of the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
- Maintain an accurate squad roster at all times.
- Verify that no candidate is issued equipment or allowed to practice until he/she has completed a KSHSAA pre- participation physical exam, notarized insurance & medical release, and tryout/participation agreement forms.
- Supervise practice sessions and maintain security of the locker room.
- Serve as an advisor to the students on his/her squad.
- Ability to speak clearly and audibly to various groups expressing ideas in a logical and forthright manner.
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation and provide prompt advice.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a courteous, timely and helpful manner.
- Ability to work constructively and cooperatively with others.
- Ability to travel as needed.