To help each participating student achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship, and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Sport Specific Participation.
- Coaching experience (preferred).
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES OF ALL COACHES:
- Maintain records of evaluation procedures used in selecting squad members.
- Enforce all rules of the Kansas State High School Activities Association.
- Maintain an accurate squad roster at all times.
- Verify that no candidate is issued equipment or allowed to practice until he/she has completed a KSHSAA pre- participation physical exam, notarized insurance & medical release, and tryout/participation agreement forms.
- Supervise practice sessions and maintain security of the locker room.
- Serve as an advisor to the students on his/her squad.
- Report injuries of participants to proper school officials. Follow injury policy as explained in coach’s handbook.
- Support and confirm to established decisions and policy decisions of a general nature that are in keeping with the established policies and procedures of the school.
- Organize a system for uniform and equipment checkout and insure that all students are accountable at the conclusion of each season.