The Assistant Coach will work to carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach is to instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling and making travel arrangements when asked.
- Works with the Head Coach to prepare and adhere to scheduled facility times.
- Assists the Head Coach in matters related to compliance with district requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent forms, insurance waivers, and eligibility.
- Assists the Head Coach in providing proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment and facilities and teaching the planned safety program.
- Must be positive.
- Should be enthusiastic.
- Should possess a willingness to cooperate and to adjust to various situations.
- Valid Oregon teacher certification is preferred.
- College training in coaching desirable.
- Previous coaching experience of sport to which assigned is preferred.
- Previous experience as participant of sport to which assigned preferred.
- Previous teaching experience preferred.