The Assistant Coach will work to carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Head Coach. The Assistant Coach instructs athletes in individual and team fundamentals, strategy, and physical training necessary to realize individual and team success. This job description intends to give sufficient guidance to function.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling and making travel arrangements when asked.
- Works with the Head Coach to prepare and adhere to scheduled facility times.
- Assists the Head Coach in complying with district and OSAA requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent forms, insurance waivers, and academic/residence eligibility.
- Assists the Head Coach in providing proper safeguards for maintaining and protecting assigned equipment and facilities and teaching the planned safety program.
- Assists the Head Coach in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Instruct team members about changes in the rules and teaches fundamentals of the sport as outlined by the Head Coach.
- Maintains a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Works within the basic framework and philosophy of the Head Coach of that sport.
- Must be positive.
- Should be enthusiastic.
- Should possess a willingness to cooperate and adjust to various situations.
- Valid Oregon teacher certification is preferred.
- College training in coaching is desirable.