The Village Health Clubs and Spas are premier healthy lifestyle clubs where we encourage and foster a work life balance and healthy living. We offer a fun environment designed to promote health and wellness for members and employees alike. Our uniquely social culture makes us a great choice for employees who want to share their passion for health and fitness.
We offer beautiful facilities, state-of-the-art equipment, and dynamic programming, but what really sets us apart is our team of positive, friendly staff at each location. Our employees encourage one another, working together to create a comfortable, welcoming atmosphere for everyone we encounter.
Our culture statement gets right to the point: “As one we have fun and get it done!” Join our team today and experience the Village Way for yourself.
Responsible for assisting the Program Director and Basketball staff as needed to lead and coach the Group Jr Basketball Programs
Summary Of Essential Functions
- Attract and retain members by consistently providing the highest excellent customer service
- Responsible for interacting with employees, members and guests in a manner aligned with the People, Places and Programs components of the Village Standards
- Assist in development and coaching the Ocotillo Village Group Jr. Basketball Programs
- Lead Group Basketball Programs within the confines of the Program Director and other Basketball Staff
- Provides members and guests with the highest level of professionalism and dedication
- Prior Basketball Coach experience
- Prior experience working with young (5-12 yrs) basketball players/programs and leagues is a plus
- Must possess a basic knowledge of the sport of Basketball
- Good communication skills to help motivate team
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective, harmonious, cooperative and productive working relationships with others
- Must be reliable and punctual
- May be required to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Required to maintain a physical presence within the Village to perform assigned duties
- CPR certification within 30 days of hire through Company training
- GED or HS Diploma
- The ability to handle the physical exertion while coaching which may include running short distances many times across the court with constant movement
- Prior experience working with young (5-12 yrs) basketball players/leagues is a plus