The Office of Intercollegiate Athletics at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) invites applicants for a full-time Assistant Women's Basketball Coach to assist in all aspects of the IUP Women's Basketball program at the Division II level and to create a quality student-athlete experience in academics, athletics, and community service.
- Assist in monitoring and encouraging academic progress and success of student athletes to ensure continuing eligibility to participate in NCAA competition and to graduate.
- Assist in game preparation (e.g. player conditioning, training, skill building, scouting other teams, and player development coaching).
- Assist in player recruitment by maintaining contact with high school/club coaches to identify potential prospects, conducting campus visits, developing a recruiting schedule and recommendations for scholarships.
- Assist in coordination and participation in fund-raising activities in support of IUP's athletic program.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Athletics or Head Women's Basketball Coach.
- Bachelor's Degree and one year of coaching experience.
- One to three years of professional coaching or professional playing experience.
- Candidates must have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues, and community members.
- Candidates must communicate effectively and perform well in the interview(s).