- Represents the YMCA and maintains appropriate relationships with members, parents and youth.
- Instructs trainings at agreed upon scheduled times and supervises at scheduled games.
- Promotes YMCA facilities and programs, and assists in special events when needed.
- Arrange for substitutes to teach scheduled classes when necessary.
- Manages the equipment, resources and programs of the department for delivery of the best possible programs.
- Upholds all safety practices in the facility.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- A minimum of one year previous experience coaching specific sport, as well as in-depth knowledge of rules and guidelines.
- Must present a professional image to parents and the general public.
- Must be highly organized, possess superior communication skills and teaching abilities.
- Must be able to develop harmonious relationships with staff members and community leaders.
- Completion of YMCA program-specific certifications.
The YMCA of Florida’s First Coast is an Equal Opportunity Employer, DRUG FREE Workplace.