The Basketball Coach/Instructor position is responsible for delivering recreational basketball programs for youth and adults, including sports leagues; as well as assisting with the implementation of programs.
- Daily operation of youth and adults sports and recreation programs.
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of special events, fund raising activities, and expansion of programs.
- Runs sports and recreation programs throughout the year and potentially in summer camp.
- Keeps branch management informed of any problems, accidents, incidents, etc. that occur.
- Maintains all paperwork required by the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington (attendance rosters, table files, brochures, etc.)
- Coaches sports teams.
- Maintains responsibility for safety and appropriateness of programs to ensure the health and safety of the program participants.
- Maintains quality standards, excelling in customer service in all program areas.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Documentation of physical examination and TB skin test
- Clear the local jurisdiction requirements for criminal background and/or fingerprinting.
- Must meet the county/state licensing requirements.
- Experience working with children and adults in an education/recreation environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with children and parents.