Chiaravalle Montessori School is looking for an experienced basketball coach to lead, teach and support our elementary team.
Position responsibilities include:
- Organize and lead all practices (at least 2 practices per week).
- Instruct players on the basic rules/fundamentals of the sport and develop strategies based on player skill levels.
- Coach all games (home and away) for the entire season (November - February).
- Communicate regularly with Student Life Coordinator, students and parents.
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor in all interactions with students, parents, school employees, and other school related constituents.
- Undergraduate degree in Physical Education or related field desired.
- Knowledge of the sport to include basic fundamentals and all related rules.
- Ability to analyze player skills and provide specific support to assist each player to reach their potential.
- Previous experience coaching and/or playing basketball.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate students.
- Ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- Excellent communication skils.
- Attention to detail.