- Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
- Leads energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes/practices/games, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
- Answers questions from participants/parents to support them in achieving their goals related to youth development. Maintains working knowledge of sport/activity, and trends to provide effective information and support to participants.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA. Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
- Conveys information on sports/activity programs and schedules, and as appropriate, refers participants and parents to other programs.
- Keeps accurate class records (attendance & progress reports).
- Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification must be obtained withing the first 60 days
- Must be at least 16 years old and have experience participating in area of instruction; previous experience instructing preferred.