Provide a learning environment that allows players to learn new skills and reinforce established skills to improve. The head coach of each sport has the responsibility of carrying on the sport in the best interest of the school district by adhering to the policies and regulations of the Pottsgrove Board of Directors, as well as the practices and procedures of the school administration. Further, each head coach should have a working knowledge of Pottsgrove High School and the rules and regulations of the Pottsgrove Athletic Department, Pioneer Athletic Conference and the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drill fundamentals of basketball during practices, including but not limited to shooting, passing, dribbling and play execution.
- Conduct pre-season meetings to inform players of physicals, practice, game schedules and proper equipment.
- Attend PIAA rules interpretation meeting, basketball coaches meeting and coach's clinics if available.
- Prepare schedules of practices and games; make available to players and parents prior to the season and to vice principal to ensure coverage where necessary on game days.
- Assist 7th & 8th grade coaches with concerns and player evaluations.
- Distribute uniforms at the beginning of game play season; collect at conclusion.
- Inform all players of eligibility requirements and specific team rules and regulations; manage insurance and physical exam documentation for coaches and athletes.
- High school diploma is necessary.
- Experience in the field of basketball is required.
- Submission of pre-employment medical examination (Section 148 of the Pennsylvania School Code).
- Submission of a report of criminal history record from the Pennsylvania State Police (Section 111 of the Pennsylvania School Code) Nonresidents and Pennsylvania residents who have not resided in the Commonwealth for at least two years prior to the date of application for employment are required to obtain an FBI Criminal History Record.
- Submission of a clearance report from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare in accordance with Act 151 of 1994.