The role of a coach at Catlin Gabel School promotes an appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship. Coaches provide leadership and supervision for team, and work closely with the other staff and administration within the athletic department and designated school division.
- Coordinate and supervise team of student athletes and assistant coach(es) (if applicable).
- Promote an appreciation of physical fitness, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Design and implement an effective program for schedules for practices, games and athletic events.
- Support the effective maintenance of athletic facilities and equipment.
- Articulate the importance of athletics and physical activity.
- Value all athletics activities (and their potential) equally.
- Adapt and innovate programming to the unique circumstances of 2020-2021 per. developing OSAA guidelines and the constraints of the pandemic.
- Occasional to frequent travel off-campus to attend athletics events.
- Minimum of three years’ teaching, coaching, athletic experience.
- BA or BS in physical education, health, education, or related field from an accredited college or university preferred.
- CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- NFHS/OSAA Coaches Certifications (prior to hire).
- Current First Aid/CPR Card (prior to hire).
- Reliable form of transportation to attend athletics events within Portland metro area.