- Prioritize athletics as a supplemental program to support the academic mission of the school.
- Carry out the aims and objectives of the sports program as outlined by the Athletic Director and school district administration.
- Instruct athletes in individual and team fundamentals, sportsmanship, cooperation, strategy and playing tactics, and physical conditioning necessary to realize individual and team success.
- Assist the Athletic Director in scheduling intramural and interscholastic contests.
- Assist in planning and scheduling a regular program of practice in season.
- Maintain required attendance forms, insurance records, and other related documents.
- Assist in oversight of safety conditions in the facility or area in which the assigned sport is conducted at all times student athletes are present.
- Assist in establishing and implementing performance criteria for academic eligibility in interscholastic competition of the identified sport.
- Enforce code of conduct standards and sportsmanlike behavior at all times; establish and oversee penalties for breach of standards by student athletes.
- Knowledge and/or background in the assigned sport.
- Teaching certificate and experience preferred.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- Valid drivers license.
- Must have knowledge of South Carolina High School League rules and eligibility.
- Must be cooperative, service-oriented, and able to work effectively with frequent interruptions.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to exercise good judgment, organize tasks, follow written and verbal directions, and communicate effectively.