- Serve as a positive role model to the players and parents.
- Develop curriculum to teach basketball fundamentals.
- Teach sportsmanship, teamwork, cooperation, age-appropriate games, and fun.
- Work with assistant coach to achieve program expectations and develop players basketball skills and knowledge.
- Condition athletes appropriately for youth, ages 5-8.
- Monitor players personal conduct during the program.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Ability to work well with young children and their parents/caregivers; basic knowledge of basketball; willingness to learn and follow rules and guidelines; ability to develop games and experiences to promote basketball skills; prior coaching experience in a sport is helpful; experience working with children is required.
- First Aid and CPR helpful.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.