James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA is seeking a Basketball Performance Coach. This position will report to the Director of Basketball Performance and will be responsible for assisting in the administration of a comprehensive strength and conditioning program for Men’s and Women’s basketball.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing and coordinating a high level of strength and conditioning services to JMU student-athletes participating in the Men’s and Women’s Basketball program to include oversight of the development of sport-specific training programs that are scientifically-based, involving periodized/cycled regimen of exercises and drills to optimize strength, power, flexibility, mobility, agility, speed, and/or work capacity-designed to enhance sport performance and decrease injury potential.
- Will be responsible for teaching proper and safe weightlifting techniques and encouraging and motivating student-athletes to train and perform to their upmost potential.
- Will be expected to engage in effective written and oral communication with members of the coaching staff, athletic administration, sports medicine staff, and Integrated Health and Sports Performance team; contribute to a team effort by welcoming new and different work requirements and exploring new opportunities to enhance the services of the Strength and Conditioning department.
- Participation in Performance Team Meetings as part of an overall performance philosophy and mindset within the Integrated Health and Sports Performance Unit will also be expected the collection and utilization of subjective and objective measures as well in making data driven decisions of athlete preparedness and training response.
- NCSA/CSCS certification and/or CSCCa/SCCC certification.
- Experience working with diverse populations and in a fast-paced environment
- CPR and AED certified.
- Experience training student-athletes at the collegiate level and experience working with a collegiate basketball program.
- Thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Proficient in the performance, instruction, assessment, evaluation and supervision of multiple weightlifting techniques.
- The ability to effectively communicate with multiple parties within the athletics department and campus community.
- It is required for the successful candidate to have a positive mental attitude, growth mindset, demonstrated enthusiasm, positive energy, and the ability to communicate and work collaboratively with members of the Integrated Health and Sports Performance Unit.