Under the direct supervision of the Head Coach and Athletic Director, and in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the East Lansing Public School District, the Boys and Girls Assistant Cross Country Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in the organization, implementation, and evaluation of the high school interscholastic Cross Country program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Supervises all matters relative to cross county as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Schedules practice sessions, facility requirements and equipment requirements.
- Arranges necessary transportation.
- Governs player conduct and follows established rules.
- Supervises all practices, games and tournaments as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Holds responsibility for the use, care and inventory of all equipment used (including uniforms).
- Assists the Head Coach with list of ineligible players.
- Reports all injuries to the Athletic Director and be sure proper medical treatment has been received.
- Holds responsibility for teaching athletes proper respect for other coaches, teams, and official decisions.
- Holds responsibility for teaching all athletes the skills and techniques which are unique to Cross Country.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- High School coaching experience required.
- Knowledge of the rules and rule changes in Cross Country.
- Prefer B.A. degree.
- Cross Country philosophy, Cross Country Strategy, Cross County techniques, drills and first aid skills are required.