KIPP Indy Public Schools seeks an experienced Varsity Basketball Coach who will collaborate with the Campus Director to provide a robust, high-quality, and results-yielding season for KIPP Indy Legacy High. As a coach, they are responsible for coaching, training, and developing Legacy High athletes while modeling strong character and professionalism.
- Collaborate with the Campus Director on the recruitment, selection, and retention of players.
- Serve as the lead point of contact for before or after school practices.
- Work with the Campus Director to create, manage, and communicate floor schedules to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all risk management protocols (i.e. safety procedures, concussion protocols, etc.)
- Implement student athlete eligibility requirements, including academic grades and compliance requirement such as physicals and permission slips.
- Lead campus-based efforts related to athletic resource management, including uniforms, equipment, and supplies; support with execution of pre- and post-season checklists.
- Attend mandatory staff orientations/trainings and collection of HR materials; provide ongoing feedback to ensure alignment with KIPP values and expectations and participate in end-of-season evaluations.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience coaching competitive basketball.
- Deep belief in being part of and helping lead a multi-cultural, anti-racist organization.
- Team-player capable of working both collaboratively and independently.
- Highly organized, resourceful, and accountable, with strong attention to follow through and detail.
- Proactive and creative problem-solver; ability to identify, analyze, and recommend solutions.