- Experience as a coach or assistant coach of desired sport, with evidence of success in working with student-athletes.
- Knowledge of basic skills and techniques related to the activity.
- Required criminal history background check, physical and TB Test.
- Valid New Jersey Teaching Certificate or Substitute Certificate
- Excellent interpersonal skills to relate well to students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- First Aid, CPR, AED, Concussion and Heat Acclimatization certifications preferred (or acquired upon hire).
- Ability to demonstrate the physical skills associated with the desired sport, be able to explain the rules and regulations of the sport and to convey strategy to young players.
- Plans, organizes and implements an interscholastic program consistent with the total educational philosophy of the Board of Education.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice in season.
- Works with the Director of Athletics in scheduling interscholastic contests.
- Prepares annual budget for equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- Maintains necessary rosters, inventories, and similar paperwork.
- Ensures the safety conditions of the facility or area in which their assigned sport is conducted.
- Keeps abreast of current sport knowledge and coaching techniques in designated sport and of the governing policies, rules, regulations, procedures, and eligibility requirements of the District.