The Boys JV Assistant Soccer Coach reports to the Director of Athletics and is responsible for the support of the Boys JV soccer team. This position is responsible for assisting the head JV coach with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student athletes in game strategies and techniques. As well as help garner an appreciation for physical fitness, discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in soccer.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Help coordinate and supervise the Boys JV Soccer program.
- Ensures that Branson and League policies, rules and regulations regarding the conduct of athletic activities and athletes are followed.
- Works with the Head Coach and Athletic Department to plan and organize practices and games schedules.
- Maintains a safe environment for student athletes at all times.
- Helps to ensure regular supervision of student athletes at home and away games and ensures appropriate behavior.
- Ensures that student athletes adhere to training rules, class and grade requirements, and rules of behavior on the court, in conditioning, and in the locker room.
- Interacts thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, and officials. Resolves all conflicts in a professional manner.
- Professionally represents Branson in all interactions with the community at large.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- One to two years of experience as a soccer coach.
- CPR Certified through American Red Cross.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Experience working and communicating with diverse groups of people.