The role of the Boys Athletic Coordinator/Head Varsity Football Coach is to develop and direct the football program and supervise the other athletic programs at the high school campus assigned as well as oversee the Junior High and feeder school's athletic programs.
- TEA certification requirement.
- Current certification in first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation issued by the American Red Cross, the American Heart Association, or another organization that provides equivalent training and certification.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serve as the head football coach at the high school assigned.
- Serve as athletic coordinator for the high school assigned and junior high and elementary feeder schools.
- Organize and administer the overall program of interscholastic athletics for the schools assigned.
- Coordinate with campus principal the recruitment, recommendation, assignments/re-assignments, and evaluation of athletic coaches and staff on campuses assigned to meet the needs of the overall athletic program.
- Assist the athletic director and principal to ensure that all job vacancies are posted at central office as soon as they occur.
- Arrange transportation, lodging, and meals for athletes and coaches of high school assigned and junior high and elementary feeder schools.
- Assist the principal with the development of the campus athletic program budget.