Each coach is responsible for all of the specific coaching duties relative to the sport s/he coaches, the managerial aspects of his/her job, and collaborating with the Building Principal makes a report at the end of the season. This report shall summarize the activities of the season, including names of the participants, games placed, results, and recommendations for the future.
- Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in the sport to be coached.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high expectations for teamwork, exemplary behavior, and responsibility.
- Ability to mentor and lead young people by example.
- Commitment to the district's mission and Strategic Plan.
- Direct the total program, including practice sessions, clinics, youth programs, and games.
- Complete a pre-season checklist and post-season checklist for the Building Principal and/or Athletic Director.
- Secure from all participants prior to the start of the pre-season the following: proof of insurance and proof of physical and parental permission forms. (Insurance/permission forms are to file in the coach's notebook.) Signed physical forms are to be filed in the Nurse's office.
- Submit to the Building Principal and the players copies of any specific rules and regulations governing his/her specific sport before the start of the season; include criteria for earning awards.
- Submit, prior to the start of the season, a list of participants (team roster), including name, grade, height, weight, position, uniform number, managers, and captains.
- Promote progressive learning of athletic techniques, fundamentals, and systems of play.
- Design a checklist for managers with a list of specific duties to complete for practice, games, and home and away trips.
- Assign lockers, and keep a lock-locker inventory.