- Appropriate certification as determined by WIAA, the state, and the district.
- Previous successful high school basketball coaching experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of basketball and an interest to examine new theories and procedures.
- Current first aid/CPR card required.
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball.
- Teach appreciation of rules and regulations, care of equipment and facilities, fair play, respect for others, and personal safety/hygiene.
- Reflect enthusiasm for the program and participants in order to make it a worthwhile endeavor for students and parents.
- Hold necessary practices to prepare players.
- Follow school, district, and WIAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with maintaining documentation to fulfill state and district requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring scholastic eligibility of players.