- Appropriate certification as determined by WIAA, the state, and the district.
- Previous successful high school baseball coaching experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of baseball and an interest to examine new theories and procedures.
- Current first aid/CPR card required.
- Ability and willingness to obtain Type II Commercial Driver's license (training provided by district).
- Teach the fundamentals of basketball.
- Teach appreciation of rules and regulations, care of equipment and facilities, fair play, respect for others, and personal safety/hygiene.
- Reflect enthusiasm for the program and participants in order to make it a worthwhile endeavor for students and parents.
- Hold necessary practices to prepare players.
- Follow school, district, and WIAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with maintaining documentation to fulfill state and district requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility.
- Assist with monitoring and ensuring scholastic eligibility of players.
- Continually update techniques and skills through course work and clinics.
- Conduct self in an ethical manner during practices and games, model and require discipline and ethical behavior from players.
Cheney Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, economic status, pregnancy, familial status, marital status, disability, or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.