- Valid New Jersey teacher certification or Passaic County Substitute Certification.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport preferred.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment and high standards of conduct among athletes.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organization skills
- Required criminal history background check and proof of US citizenship.
- Understand the proper administrative line of command and refers all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Attend all meetings as required.
- Maintain discipline and work to increase morale and cooperation within the school athletic program.
- Assist the Division of Athletics in scheduling, providing transportation and requirements for tournaments and special events.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled events or practices and adhere to scheduled facility times. Coordinate program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provide documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, eligibility and codes of conduct.
- Provide proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of equipment and storage facilities.
- Assist in the administration of seasonal sports physicals as needed.