Instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the student(s) shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline and self-confidence.
ESSENTIAL JOB ELEMENTS:
- Develop and present a policy on lettering to supervisors for review and approval prior to the first seasons contest.
- Establish the fundamental philosophy, skills, and techniques that will be taught.
- Responsible for operation within budget appropriations and participates in the budgeting function with the athletic director by establishing requirements for the current and next season.
- Recommend equipment guidelines as to type, style, color, or technical specifications and is accountable for all equipment and collets the costs of any equipment lost or not returned.
- Arrange for the issuing, storing, and reconditioning of equipment and submits annual inventory and current records concerning same.
- Responsible for meeting with parents and participants prior to the start of the sport season.
- Provide program expectations, procedures and policies to parents and participants.
- Delegate specific duties, analyze staff effectiveness.
- Evaluate assistant coach(s).
- Meets CHSAA certification requirements.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field
- Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.