- NFHS/MIAA Coaches Ed Certification: Coaches must have NFHS/MIAA Coaches Ed Certification or obtain it within the first year of employment.
- Sport Specific Knowledge: Coaches must be knowledgeable in current methodology, rules, and tactics of the sport.
- Bilingual skills, especially in Spanish and Portuguese, are highly desirable.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Uses sound and acceptable coaching techniques in all phases of the program.
- Organizes safe and effective practice sessions.
- Develops and delegates specific job tasks for assistant(s).
- Establishes a working rapport with, and is directory responsible to, the Athletic Director/Principal.
- Adheres to all district and school policies regarding the athletics department.
- Models good sportsmanship and enforces respectful behavior among players at all times.
- Communicates personal and program expectations to the team and individual players.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards and enthusiasm for the coaching assignment.
- Models personal growth by looking for opportunities for self-improvement.
- Supervises athletes in all athletics settings including on the buses and at away locations.
- Manages and monitors all program equipment.
- Varsity coaches will assist in supervising and mentoring sub-varsity coaches.
- Establish effective communication protocols for parents/guardians and students.
The Westborough Public Schools do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other class protected by law.