This is a responsible position that requires working with the Head Coach in the implementation of the cross country program. The work is under the direction of the Head Coach and involves assisting the Head Coach with general overall responsibility for the total cross country program.
- Valid Illinois State Teaching, Substitute Certification, and/or ASEP or NFHS Certification.
- Knowledge of the sport.
- Previous coaching experience.
- Must have knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- Carry out the aims and objectives of the sport program as outlined by the head coach and school administrator.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Motivates student athletes by example.
- Assists with planning, coordinating and supervising a cross country program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game.
- Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Adheres to the standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes.
- Adheres to school and district policies and procedures.
- Strict compliance with all IHSA rules and regulations.
- Exercises and teaches control and care of school-owned equipment.