Saline High School is seeking an outstanding individual to work within our boys soccer program as the Freshman coach. Interested candidates must understand their responsibility to be exemplary role models, (on and off the job) great teachers, (of sport-specific and general life skills) and great communicators, (with players, parents and the community at large).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable about the rules and fundamental techniques required of the sport.
- Ability to obtain current CPR/First Aid certification.
- Ability to work effectively with sport coaching staff, parents and school staff.
- Experience working with middle school aged students preferred.
- Previous successful school coaching experience.
- Comply with MHSAA rules/off season policies as well as department/district policies.
- Maintain consistent communication with Head Coach and Athletic Director.
- Plan and execute well-organized practices and develop appropriate workouts.
- Develop character, commitment and confidence in student athletes.
- Maintain effective pre-season and in-season conditioning programs.
- Focus on recruitment and retention of Saline student-athletes for the soccer program.
- Model exemplary behavior toward players, parents, opponents and officials.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach and/or Athletic Director including but not limited to scouting for the varsity team.