- Valid Iowa coaching endorsement or authorization, required.
- Demonstrate aptitude for performing tasks listed.
- Exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people.
- Keep abreast of new ideas and techniques in the sports field assigned.
- Be knowledgeable of rules and regulations as well as changes that occur.
- Inventory, selection, care and maintenance of equipment.
- Coach individual participants in the skill areas necessary for excellent achievement in the sports involved, as assigned.
- Carry out duties as assigned in the sport involved as it would pertain to clerical work, strategy meetings, equipment issue and return, facility preparations and supervision.
- Support the program by abiding by policies and rules which are set forth to help maintain growth of the total sport program at all levels.
All employers submitting a job opening for posting on the Teach Iowa system will not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, marital status, or status as a veteran.