Under site administration direction, to administer, or assist in administering, a comprehensive high school wrestling program, including, but not limited to, staffing responsibilities, scheduling, purchase and maintenance of equipment, and operation of off-season program when necessary; and to perform other responsibilities as assigned.
- Plan and coordinate events for sports activities including, but not limited to, tournaments, athletic spirit packages, athletic banquets, etc.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate sports activities and training workouts, and coach individuals concerning specific physical performance activities and procedures.
- Ensure that all personnel assisting in the sport have been properly certified and Board approved prior to working with the athletes.
- Demonstrate a command of the technical aspects of all phases of the game.
- 3 years coaching wrestling or 4 years coaching and/or competing in wrestling at high school level or above. Years as a member of a national team (e.g. USA Wrestling or equivalent) will also count year-for-year towards coaching experience.
- Comprehensive up to date knowledge of the sport, strategies, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior and character traits.