As a Boys Freshman basketball coach, you will be responsible for helping to develop the next generation of basketball players. You will be working with student-athletes who are at different stages of their development, so it is important to be patient and supportive. You will also need to be able to create a positive and competitive environment where players can learn and grow.
- Coach the freshman basketball team in all practices, games, and tournaments.
- Develop and implement practice plans that focus on teaching players the fundamentals of basketball as well as developing their skills and knowledge of the game.
- Scout opponents and develop game plans.
- Communicate with the Varsity and Junior Varsity Coaches to set program direction and emphasis.
- Prepare the team for competition by providing them with the necessary instruction and guidance.
- Monitor the academic progress of players and provide support as needed.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to players.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of experience coaching basketball at the middle school or high school level is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of basketball fundamentals and strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to motivate and inspire players.