This person is responsible for organizing tryouts, holding practice sessions, and supervising students before, during and after game activities. This person is responsible for adhering to all rules of the league play and AKF student, employee, and athletic department handbooks. This person is responsible to communicate on an on-going basis with administration and the athletic director regarding all activities associated with students participating in this team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to all rules of participating league.
- Adheres to all rules of AKF student handbook, employee, and athletic handbook.
- Attends pre- and post-season meetings with Athletic Director.
- Ensures that all athletes have a current medical physical prior to tryouts for this sport and maintains emergency information on all athletes.
- Organizes tryouts and instruct student athletes on the fundamentals of this team sport.
- Holds parent information session prior to start of season.
- Holds practice sessions where athletes perform drills that help improve their skills, stamina and techniques.
- Instills teamwork, a competitive spirit and good sportsmanship among all team members.
- Maintains inventory of equipment, supplies and materials including uniforms and first aid kit.
- Familiar with rules of sport and teaches those to all team members.
- Previous experience as a player and/or coach in the specific sport.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships with administrators, parents, and students.