- Plans and executes team practices with support, as needed, from head Varsity A tennis coach.
- Coaches in all regular season matches, home and away, as scheduled (early April – end of May).
- Adheres to policies established in Phillips Academy Coaches Handbook.
- Stays current in and expands knowledge of coaching techniques.
- Models and ensures diversity and cultural competency (respect, inclusiveness, reflecting, valuing, and welcoming cultural differences) in all position responsibilities regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, social class, sexual orientation, ability, nationality, age, language, or origin.
- Ability to positively motivate, inspire and be role model to students, on and off court.
- At least 2 years’ experience coaching or playing in club, high school or college setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability and willingness to manage a Monday-Friday practice/game schedule which includes travel to away opponents.