The Boys Lacrosse Director is responsible for all aspects of boys lacrosse training, developing and coaching athletes, campers as well as the creation of a boys travel program.
- Prepares and delivers a Lacrosse training program for all student-athletes focused on development and skills training for youth through collegiate players.
- Develops a boys travel program
- Assesses the skill development of each athlete, and partners with performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Develop programming, combines, showcases, tournaments and leagues for boys lacrosse..
- Effectively communicates progress to parents/guardians.
- Assures that proper safety is maintained.
- Assists in the college process of athletes where applicable.
- Travels to tournaments and other events as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Head coach of a club program, collegiate/high school/national team or individual elite players.
- Experience of preparing elite player development models and tournament schedules.
- Experience of arranging and coordinating programmatic offerings for all players.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business administration or a similar sports or business related field or the equivalent.
- High standard of proficiency in Lacrosse, training and instructional techniques.
- Comprehensive understanding of methodology or long term athletic development modeling.
- Strong commitment to athletes and their long term development.
The St. James is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome qualified applicants from a variety of backgrounds inclusive of their race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, expression or orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.