The Amherst Pelham Regional School District is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Head Varsity Boys Lacrosse Coach. The Head Varsity Coach reports directly to the Athletic Director and/or site principal and has the primary responsibility for administering all levels of the Lacrosse program (Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Middle School). The successful candidate will be required to follow the procedures outlined in the Amherst Coaches Athletic Handbook as well as the by-laws of the Pioneer Valley Interscholastic Athletic Conference.
- Lacrosse coaching experience preferred at the high school varsity level or collegiate coaching level. Recent experience (within the last five years) highly preferred, but not required.
- A proven verifiable record of positive staff, student and administrative support and relationships.
- A proven verifiable record of placing appropriate emphasis on good sportsmanship, academic excellence, positive attitudes and character.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, enforce, advocate and model appropriate behavior, character traits and educational values to students-athletes.
- A demonstrated ability to teach, organize and supervise assistants
- A demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model for student athletes and a commitment to holding all students and adults associated with the program to the same standards.
- A demonstrated ability to work with parent/guardian groups, administrators, staff and students.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Monitors student attendance and academic performance.
- Responsible for completing and submitting requests for Transportation in a timely manner.
- Follow district policies, site procedures, MIAA rules and the MIAA Coaches Code of Ethics.
- Fosters training in conduct, ethics and sportsmanship for all participants and coaches.
- Responsible for the safety and securing of the team before, during, and after events and traveling to and from events. Coach may be required to ride the bus with the team.
- Verifies that the Athletic Director clears each team member before allowing him/her to tryout or practice.
- Responsible for distribution, collection, and general upkeep of all uniforms and equipment and providing an end of the season inventory.