Southbridge Public Schools serve approximately 2,200 students in six schools. The district is presently undergoing extensive turnaround at all levels, with the assistance of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. This creates unique opportunities for teachers and students. One example is a recently announced, long-term partnership with the University of Connecticut to develop Southbridge Schools to be a national demonstration site for successful implementation of PBIS strategies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the entire program, and will oversee all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the safety and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Commnicate with the Athletic Director concerning any incidents which come up in regards to student athletes or parental concerns.
- Has had prior coaching experience in a college, high school, or in a recognized and successful program.
- Promote academics before athletics by monitoring academic performance and enforcing eligibility.
- Allow all student athletes the opportunity to compete in the sport while promoting sportsmanship.
- Build a positive relationship with the community to promote the sport.
- Demonstrate all skills, drills and fundamentals of the sport.
- Manage and take inventory of all equipment.
- Be present at all weekend activities.
Southbridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.