EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- A bachelor’s degree in secondary education or a related area is required, as is a valid teaching license with appropriate subject matter endorsements from the State of Indiana (or eligible for licensure).
- Applicable teaching experience is highly desired. ACSI certification is required, but may be obtained during the first year of employment.
- Once hired, first aid/CPR certification is required.
- Responsible for working with students as they navigate through academic, social, personal, and most importantly spiritual growth.
- Develop and maintain an orderly PE class atmosphere, conducive to learning, using consistent, kind and firm discipline.
- Organize and develop successful learning experiences in accordance with the school’s curriculum and philosophy emphasizing biblical integration and employing a variety of teaching methods.
- Take reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Communicate actively and openly with parents, in a timely manner, arranging additional parent conferences as needed, in addition to annual parent conferences.
- Maintain accurate and current student progress and attendance records.