Under direct supervision of head coach, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties delegated to him/her for an interscholastic athletic program operating under NJSIAA operating bylaws and regulations. Assists in directing and coordinating all aspects of training, preparing and planning for an athletic competition, fiscal management and program activities.
The Assistant Coach has the duties and responsibilities commonly associated with this position, including (but not limited to) the following, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority, within the framework of the general laws of New Jersey, the regulations of the NJ State Department of Education, the policies and rules of the Nutley School District, and the terms of the contract with the Nutley Education Association, with all of which he/she is expected to be familiar. As well, the position is responsible for duties commonly associated with communication positions, which are performed directly or through the proper delegation of authority.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES REQUIRED:
• Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their particular sport.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
• Ability to lead and guide high school athletes.
• Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.