Under direct supervision of head coach, provides leadership, and oversees all coaching duties delegated to him/her for an interscholastic athletic program operating under NJSIAA operating bylaws and regulations. Assists in directing and coordinating all aspects of training, preparing and planning for an athletic competition, fiscal management and program activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in promoting the general welfare of the team and help student athletes achieve both team and personal goals.
- Assist in promoting philosophies and theologies of the head coach.
- Assist in organizing, preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training and competition in order to properly prepare for week-to-week opponents.
- Assist in directing all aspect, areas and components of the football team (i.e. defense, offense, and various individual positions.
- Assist in coordinating strategic aspects of the program.
- Represent program at various in and out of school events, programs, and responsibilities; including but not limited to fund raising, student activities groups, parents, and general public.
- Assist in managing daily operations of their program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of their particular sport.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NJSIAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to lead and guide high school athletes.
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.