The MS Boys’ Soccer Coach is responsible for coaching middle school student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic Soccer competitions. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
1. Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
2. Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
3. Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
4. Works with the Athletic Director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
5. Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
7. Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time; exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, see and read a computer screen and printed material with or without vision aids; hear and understand speech at normal levels, outdoors and on the telephone; speak in audible tones so that others may understand clearly; physical agility to lift up to 25 pounds to shoulder height and 50 pounds to waist height; and to bend, to stoop, to sit on the floor, to climb stairs, to walk and to reach overhead. Must be physically able to set up and take down soccer nets and other practice equipment.