The Middle School Head Coach will be responsible for the planning, organization, and successful implementation of a comprehensive interscholastic athletic program, and to carry out the objectives of the District’s Middle School athletic program.
- A valid Arizona Teaching Certificate is preferred but not required.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a National Federation of States High School Association Level 1 Certification.
- Collegiate level playing experience in the associated sport is highly desirable with high school level playing experience expected as a minimum requirement.
- Complies with all HIPAA and FERPA related confidentiality requirements.
- Develops positive relations with students, parents, school staff and the public, including members of the media, boosters, officials, players, other coaches, school administration, and fans.
- Serves as a positive role model for students, coaching staff, and the community.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proven coaching theories, strategies, and techniques and works with student athletes of varying abilities, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds to effectively implement these attributes.
- Instills commitment, discipline, sportsmanship, respect, and teamwork to all athletes and coaching staff.
- Assumes responsibility for inventory, selection and care of sports equipment and District facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for the supervision of all student athletes and other students under their care.
- Reports sports related injuries to District administration in a timely manner.
- Builds and sustains a successful athletic program that is widely supported and respected by the District and community.