- The head coach reports to the high school Athletic Director and Principal who oversees the athletic program.
- The head coach is responsible for the entire program for this sport.
- The head coach supervises all aspects of the program.
- Supervision and coaching of players at all levels of the program.
- Communicates with the athletic director and secretary about players, needs, incidents, and anything concerning the program.
- Builds a schedule for the competitive season.
- Directs and supervises instructional and conditioning camps throughout the year.
- Budget and inventory of equipment.
- Teach fundamentals for all aspects of this sport.
- Communicate with parents and the community to promote this sport.
- Record academic performance via eligibility; promote the “student-athlete.”
- Assist with scholarships and/or financial aid to help students further their experience.
- Follow school, league, district, and CHSAA regulations and policies.
- Current CPR and AED Certification Required
- Demonstrated success in coaching this sport is required
- Knowledge of all aspects of the skills involved with this sport
- Previous coaching experience in this sport at the high school level is desirable but not necessary with all the necessary qualifications
- A teacher with a current teaching license is preferred but not a requirement