- High school diploma.
- Coaching authorization license is required.
- Demonstrate aptitude for performing tasks listed.
- Must exhibit high moral values and be able to serve as a favorable example to young people.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Develop age and skill appropriate practice plans.
- Develop positive relationships with student athletes.
- Schedule practices and communicate with student athletes and families.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders including AD, student athletes, parents, media, and others.
- Attend rules meetings and other required trainings by the state and school.
- Support the mission and vision of the Oelwein Schools and Athletic department.
- Promote Oelwein Athletics in a positive light.
- Set up fundraisers for the team as deemed necessary.