High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Minimum 2 years experience in coaching tennis as head coach or 3 years experience as assistant tennis coach at varsity level preferred.
Sport First Aid and CPR Certification preferred.
Participation in tennis at the high school, collegiate or professional level(s) preferred.
Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
Ability to communicate effectively with the media, parents, school administration and community is also required.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Leadership and supervisory skills necessary.
Dependable and reliable a must.
Involvement in professional development activities designed to improve his or her skills coaching tennis strategies, tennis tactics or tennis techniques preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Ability to teach tennis techniques, tennis rules, tennis strategies and playing tactics.
2. Ability to teach sportsmanship, cooperation and responsibility to team members.
3. Demonstrates through experience, a commitment to devote long hours and weekends to the tennis program.
4. Conducts a pre-season and post season tennis conditioning program.
5. Ability to supervise and conduct safe practices and contests.
6. Ability to accurately assess the talents and abilities of team members.
7. Ability to promote athletes to college recruiters.
8. Participate in a successful recruitment program.
9. Ability to display competency in coaching philosophy, knowledge of PIAA rules and regulations, and NCAA Student- Athletic Eligibility requirements.
10. Ability to respond to player injuries by using first aid techniques.
11. Must be able to maintain uniforms, equipment and school facility.
12. Must be able to supervise bus, locker room and team members.
13. Must be able to monitor team members' attendance, grades and personal conduct.
14. Conducts other duties as assigned by the principal of the school.