Southbridge Public Schools (SPS) serves approximately 2,200 students in five schools and employs nearly 330 educators and staff. In January 2016, the Massachusetts Board of Elementary and Secondary Education designated SPS chronically underperforming (Level 5), placing the district in state receivership.
- Accountable for the entire program, and will oversee all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to, the safety and inventory of athletic equipment.
- Commnicate with the Athletic Director concerning any incidents which come up in regards to student athletes or parental concerns.
- Has had prior coaching experience in a college, high school, or in a recognized and successful program.
- Promote academics before athletics by monitoring academic performance and enforcing eligibility.
- Allow all student athletes the opportunity to compete in the sport while promoting sportsmanship.
- Build a positive relationship with the community to promote the sport.
- Demonstrate all skills, drills and fundamentals of the sport.
- Manage and take inventory of all equipment.
Southbridge Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, religion, age, or sexual orientation.