DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Develop the activities for the assigned sport, including appropriate practice and competition schedules, season records and other awards, equipment and uniform inventory.
- Notify student athletes of all policies, procedures, and training rules according to the sport assigned.
- Emphasize skill development, sportsmanship, teamwork, character development and discipline within the sport assigned.
- Supervise student athletics during practice, competitions, or other activities, and correct student athlete conduct as appropriate.
- Monitor academic progress of student athletes to ensure eligibility.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of the sport assigned, with prior successful coaching experience preferred.
- Familiar with Indiana High School Athletic Association (IHSAA) and National Federal of State High School Associations (NFHS) rules concerning the sport assigned.
- IHSAA and NFHS Coaching Certification preferred (training available).
- First Aid and CPR certified as well as knowledge and understanding of the concussion protocol (training available).
- Ability to communicate with parents and students.
- Ability to address situations dealing with blood, bodily fluids, and tissue.
- Ability to foster positive student-athlete relationships, and to work effectively with students, staff, parents and the community.