- Coordinate the development, promotion, and recruitment for the Varsity Boys Tennis Program.
- Represent Albuquerque Academy and the Varsity Program in a professional manner.
- Hire and coordinate the work of assistant coaches and ensure that all coaches work together toward a common goal within the program.
- Hold meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the Tennis Program.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Assess players’ skills and assign team positions.
- Ensure all necessary physical exams, parental consent forms, waivers, and insurance forms are accurately completed and filed to fulfill all school and NMAA rules and regulations.
- Hold pre-season meetings with all student athletes and parents before the first official game.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Knowledge of the game of tennis is required.
- Professional work ethic and unwavering commitment to the academic success and mission of the school.
- Problem-solving skills and the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.
- Knowledge of NMAA and high school tennis rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school administrators, parents, opponents, referees, and governing organizations.
- Communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to instruct, motivate, support, and supervise student athletes.
Albuquerque Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Academy will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.