- NFHS/MIAA Coaches Ed Certification: Coaches must have NFHS/MIAA Coaches Ed Certification or obtain it within the first year of employment.
- Sport-Specific Knowledge: Coaches must be knowledgeable in current methodology, rules, and tactics of the sport.
- Bilingual skills, especially in Spanish and Portuguese, are highly desirable.
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certification.
- Uses sound and acceptable coaching techniques in all phases of the program.
- Organizes safe and effective practice sessions.
- Reports to the Boy's Varsity Head Coach.
- Collaborates on a shared vision for the program and student-athlete experience.
- Adheres to all district and school policies regarding the athletics department.
- Models good sportsmanship and enforces respectful behavior among players at all times.
- Communicates personal and program expectations to the team and individual players.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude towards and enthusiasm for the coaching assignment.
- Models personal growth by looking for opportunities for self-improvement.
- Supervises athletes in all athletics settings including on the buses and at away locations.